The set of IEC 60364-X standards defines the main principles and rules on:
- Assessment of general characteristics of installations
Selection and erection of equipment
- Verification and maintenance of installations
This standard provide a state-of-the-art reference document about HV installation rules. However, it is too "open" to be relevant when specifying any actual installation.National standards are most often the reference on safety points.
- IEC 60439-1: general rules
- IEC 60439-2: busbar trunking systems
- IEC 60439-3: distribution boards
- IEC 60439-4: assemblies for construction sites
- IEC 60439-5: power distribution in networks
|IEC 62271-1 provides the common rules applicable to HV switchgear and controlgear
IEC 62271-2xx refer to HV assemblies
"IEC 62271-200: metal-enclosed MV assemblies" is the most relevant for panel-builders
- New IEC Standard 61439-1&2
- IEC 60947-1: general rules
- IEC 60947-2: circuit breakers
- IEC 60947-3: switches and disconnectors
- IEC 60947-4: contactors
- IEC 62208 / EN 50298: empty enclosures
|IEC 62271-1xx deal with functions or separate devices for HV field.
"IEC 62271-100: circuit-breakers"
"IEC 62271-102: disconnectors and earthing switches"
also the IEC 60265-1 (not yet incorporated in the 62271 serie) to be considered : MV switches.
ISO 9004: Quality management system – guidelines for performance improvement. Used in setting up quality management systems.
ISO 9001: Quality management system – requirements. Used for certification audits.
ISO 14004: Environmental management system – major guidelines on the principles. Systems and techniques implemented.
ISO 14001: Environmental management system – specification with guidance for use.
ISO/IEC 17000: Conformity assessment — Vocabulary and general principles
ad other standards of the same serie.